Monday, February 2, 2009

ArtEXP blogmonster






i may aswell introduce myself, im thom and my work 'Jigsaw Falling into Place' (Digital Media) [the images iv put up is my major work... there pretty bad quality image compared to the original works it starts with the orange one and so on and so forth] @ the NSW Art Gallery for ArtExpress. 

I'm extremelly proud of my work and what its brought, to get to ArtExpress i reckon is a pretty big achievement (for me anyway). It recognizes the effort and countless hours clicking and dragging away on my mac during school and the hours after on monday and friday afternoons, the midnight hours of (supposive) brilliance and then the complete and utter frustration and loathing of my macbook in the light of day wanting to throw and smash my beloved computer into little pieces because of my mind blockage or computer error (most of the time both)

For this year im doing Fine Arts/Arts degree at COFA & UNSW... its a combined corse where i have to commuete between the two campuses, my ARTs degree btw is Politics (oooo pretentious?) where im begrudling sort of wanting to avoid but still excited... see when your stuck in my routine its very difficult to break (for example going to bed at 5 o'clock this morning after watching the soccer and then getting up around 12ish to watch Bruce Springsteen on the tele... but i spose enjoy it while it lasts until i have to get in a routine for Uni). iv also been given the nickname "The Goffer from COFA" yeah im not going to live that one down quickly

4 comments:

Nina said...

from the photographs it looks pretty amazing! Looking forward to seeing it on display. I take it you're a Radiohead fan? Me too.

Hop said...

awesome
what's the japanese text about?
it seems to repeat in each image

Emily M said...

Hello fellow Radiohead fan! I see you've named your title after one of their songs. My title also comes from a Radiohead song, 'Myxomatosis.' So how many people listen to Radiohead? I wonder if we can establish a link here...
Love the work. The orange sky is cool. Noting another similarity, my work also has a discoloured sky (I opted for pink) with a dash of fighter jets too. Nothing quite as apocaplytic as when the sky turns the wrong colour.
Hop: I'm not seeing any Japanese text myself. I am seeing the word 'destroys' repeated in the images, though.

Hop said...

eh? really ?
there's the same script of kana
covering one building in each panel.
my first thought was:
OH SONG LYRICS !
(i cant read jap =.=)