Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Hop's Notes #1

lol ...
geez ...
it's all too ...
black
and white


I haven't much to talk about except that art needs to be fun

...there probably is some kind of winning strategy...
...or maybe you have to have an intense vocabulary...
...you might even have to be born in a certain month...

but one thing's for sure ..
that there's nothing you can be sure of !
(^W^)b
an artwork stands out best when it's built with passion
marks aren't given based on how much you wanted them
but on how much you have to show that you love art
umm...
i never really had an idea or intention for my artwork,
i draw a lot of things, scribble in my VAPD during maths
and physics (it's not a good idea to get in trouble though),
i've always been working on random drawings, creating
small storylines for some characters i made up.
"Where'd the characters come from?"
Don't ask me that ... because they were all born from the
most simple entities. A boy, a girl, a rabbit, it doesn't get
any more complicated than that, and can't be any less simple.
so up towards the end, all i did was draw ..
oh and also, i tried to come up with some kind of grid,
a blueprint, or layout to place all my artworks.
tried.. but failed again and again..
at one time i had planned a scaffold of around 300 images,
but i ended up using around 60-ish ...

well ... i think that's all for the newbie's post ..

I'm hoping to see some REALLY awesome works from all of you >=D
( i'll never get the hang of this posting thing ... )

PS. sorry, i just can't stand reading black and white over
and over and over... and that colour thing was too tempting !

Hey wait, maybe i could do something awesome with these colours xD
theyre a bit skewed >.<

(\_/)............ _//
hop................ (o_O) .......c(o_O)................ imp
c(vv).......... \(>)>

ok bye now !!

2 comments:

Jonathan Cooper said...

Hey, I enjoyed your post.
Re: "Where'd the characters come from?" ...
I think it's interesting that creating stuff is most enjoyable for me when I have no idea where the images and ideas have come from. If we control everything too much, we get exactly what we expected. And where's the fun in that? :-)

Emily M said...

Gotta agree about it getting too black and white. I find a bit of colour makes it easier to read. We're visual people so lets make this visually appealing.
Looking forward to seeing your work! I admire people that can draw characters from their head - I can only draw what is in front of me. I made sure to pratice my drawing in chem though! I found doodling in my friend's folder helped me concentrate. I'm switched on in class, but if we have nothing to do but listen I need to occupy myself.